Lee Gardens Association (“LGA
”) is a business chamber promoted and operated by Hysan Marketing Services Limited. You are seeking to apply to become a member of the LGA, and have completed the application form to which this PICS is attached.
Please read the following Personal Information Collection Statement (PICS) to understand how the Hysan Group handles your personal data and your rights under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486 of the Laws of Hong Kong) (the “Ordinance
“). The Hysan Group comprises Hysan Development Company Limited and each of its subsidiaries, including Hysan Leasing Company Limited, Hysan Marketing Services Limited, Hysan Property Management Limited, Stangard Limited, Hysan Corporate Services Limited, Bamboo Grove Recreational Services Limited, Lee Gardens Association Limited as well as their holdings companies, branches, representative offices and affiliates (collectively the “Group
” or “our
- Data collection
- The types of personal data (“Data“) we collect from you may include:
- your personal information, e.g. your salutation, name, gender, marital status, month of birth, bank details, photograph, identification proof or numbers;
- your contact information, e.g. telephone number, residential address, office address, mailing address, email address, and fax number;
- your business and educational information, such as company name, business title and education background;
- your membership numbers and relevant log-in information that you will use to access our products and services; and
- other information as may be set out in the relevant form or collection channel.
- We may also collect non-personally identifiable information about you, such as browsing preference of our websites or mobile applications, personal preferences and comments, and responses to promotional offers and surveys.
- In certain situations, we may ask you to provide the Data of other individuals to us, e.g. emergency contacts, information of your family members. By providing us with such Data, you represent to us that you have obtained those individuals’ authorisation and/or consent to the use, disclosure and transfer of their Data. We shall not be responsible for any claim whatsoever from any party in the absence of such consent.
- In the relevant form or collection channel it may be indicated whether any Data is obligatory or voluntary. If you fail to supply Data that is marked as obligatory, we may not be able to engage with you for the intended purposes or provide the relevant products and services fully or at all.
- Purposes for which the Data are Collected and Used
- We may use the Data you provide for one or more of the following purposes (or any directly related purpose):
- to enable us or our Partners to provide rewards or benefits to you in relation to your LGA membership; “our Partners” include our retail merchants, office tenants, co-branding partners, and business partners (who may be engaged in businesses such as retail, banking, finance, credit/smart/stored value cards, insurance, charity/not-for-profit causes, entertainment, food & beverage, and other businesses as we may notify you);
- for use of the online services available at any of our websites, mobile applications and/or through other telecommunication channels;
- for our own market research, data analytics to better understand customer behaviour and customer and tenant relationship management purposes;
- subject to your consent, for sending you marketing and promotional updates on our and our Partners’ activities, products and services from time to time;
- to confirm your identity and verify that you are a member of the LGA;
- to administer your LGA membership;
- for communicating with you by email, mail, fax, phone or other means regarding your LGA membership or your use of our products, services, mobile applications and/or websites (if any);
- to handle your requests for services, membership or benefits;
- for daily operation and administration of our business;
- for enforcing our rights under contracts, including for collection or recovery of any debt owed by you to us;
- for complying with legal or regulatory obligations;
- for the use of any member of the Group in connection with any of the above purposes and/or any of the services such entities may be offering to you from time to time;
- for any other purposes to which you may from time to time agree; and
- to carry out our obligations to you under the terms and conditions for membership of the LGA.
- We will not sell or rent the Data provided to us, or knowingly or intentionally use or share the Data in ways unrelated to the purposes aforementioned.
- Disclosure and Transfer of Data
- We may disclose and transfer the Data you provide to the following parties (whether local or overseas) in connection with the purposes set out above (or any directly related purpose):
- any member of the Group (including different divisions within each Group entity);
- any of our agents, professional advisers (including lawyers and auditors), contractors, subcontractors or third party service providers who provide administrative, financial, data processing, telecommunications, computer, payment, marketing and research or other services in connection with the operation and maintenance of our business, or any persons under a duty of confidentiality to us;
- our Partners;
- our successors or assigns (whether actual or proposed) under an acquisition, sale or restructuring of the business and/or assets of any member of the Group, or any assignee of our rights;
- any person to whom we are under an obligation to make disclosure under the requirements of law or a court order of any jurisdiction or to any government or law enforcement authorities or administrative organs as requested;
- any person to whom we believe in good faith that disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable including and without limitation to protect our rights or properties or in circumstances which we consider to be related to any of the purposes for which the Data are collected; and
- to any person when we have reason to believe that disclosing the Data to such person is necessary to identify, contact or bring or defend legal action against someone, e.g. anyone who may be causing interference with our rights or properties, whether intentionally or otherwise, or when anyone else could be harmed by such activities.
- The Data you provide to us may also be sourced from or transferred to other jurisdictions outside Hong Kong for the purposes mentioned above. We will try to ensure, as far as possible and practicable, that Data sourced or transferred outside Hong Kong is protected to standards in line with the requirements of the Ordinance, subject to any other requirements and limitations of the particular jurisdiction.
- Our Commitment to Children’s Privacy
- Protecting the privacy of children is our primary concern. If you are under the age of 18, you should obtain consent from your parent or guardian before providing us with your Data.
- Direct Marketing
- We intend to use your Data (and transfer your Data to our Partners) for sending you marketing and promotional materials through the post, email, digital media, telephone, text/SMS messaging and other means, in relation to activities in Hong Kong or overseas such as:
- Retail Events and Promotions: (i) promotions and events hosted, sponsored or organised by us or any member of the Group or by our Partners; (ii) any rewards or discounts, offers, membership, privileges, advantages or benefits offered by each member of the Group or our Partners;
- Tenants / Residents Events and Promotions: promotions and events which we or any member of the Group host, sponsor, organise or participate in, e.g. clubhouse activities for residents, privileges and events for tenants.
- Properties for Sale or Leasing: office, retail and/or residential properties offered for sale or leasing by us or any member of the Group and related services;
- Charity and Community: solicitations for donations or contributions for charitable, social enterprise or non-profit making purposes, or community / social corporate responsibility events or activities which we or any member of the Group host, sponsor, organise or participate in; and
- Others: other activities, events, businesses or promotions as may be carried out by the Group and notified to you (as set out in the relevant form or collection channel) from time to time.collectively the “Marketing Activities“.We will only use your Data for the purposes of Marketing Activities if you have consented to such use.
- You always have ultimate choice and control over the type of information you would like to receive from us. When you complete and return membership application or other forms to us or use our online services, you can indicate your consent to our use of your Data for the purposes of the Marketing Activities. You can withdraw your consent for use by us of your Data for the Marketing Activities at any time by sending an email to our Data Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or as indicated in the relevant materials.
- Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms
- We may collect information about your computer or device, including where available your IP address, device ID, MAC address, operating system and browser type. This is statistical data which does not reveal your identity. Similarly, cookies may be left on the hard drive of your computer, mobile phone or other devices.
- We use analytics tools to measure how visitors interact with content on our websites and applications. If you log-in to our websites or applications via your social media accounts, we may collect information you have made available on the relevant social media site and link your interaction with us to such information. Where you have consented to direct marketing, we may also engage social media sites to show you advertisements that are customised based on your interaction with us.
- We may feature embedded links, “share” buttons or widgets on our websites or applications to enable you to connect to third party sites, including social media sites. These third party sites may set cookies which can identify you as an individual when you are logged in to their services. We do not control these cookies or how these sites collect and handle your Data. You should read the relevant third-party sites for their privacy policies before submitting any Data to these sites. We have no control over and are not responsible or liable for the contents of third party sites or third party posts on our social media accounts.
- How to Access or Correct Your Data or Contact Us
- You are entitled to access or correct any Data related to you held by us. If you wish to obtain a copy of any of your Data or if you believe that the Data related to you which we collect and maintain is inaccurate, please contact our Data Privacy Officer at email@example.com or at the following address:Data Privacy Officer
Lee Gardens Association Limited
50/F, Lee Garden One
33 Hysan Avenue
- In accordance with the terms of the Ordinance, we have the right to charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request.
- You may also contact us at the above details for any other data privacy related matters.
- This PICS is written in the English language and may be translated into other languages. In the event of any inconsistency between the English version and the translated version of this PICS, the English version shall prevail.
Last version date: July 2018